Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A - B - D???

So I wrote down this dilemma on a post-it note that went up on my bulletin board in my room and two of my sisters read it and never gave any advice on what I should do! This is probably one of the hardest decisions in my life. I recently took the CBEST and for the writing part they had an essay on writing about a time when I had to make a really hard decision. I wanted so badly to put this one, but in truth I have never finalized what to do so I wrote about something stupid like deciding on what University to go to.

Here's the problem, I LOVE movies and I especially love owning them. Being able to watch them whenever makes me sooo happy. Admittedly I am a movie snob and only like wide screen, but that's not the issue. Anyways, the new Batman movies with Christian Bale are so amazing and I needed them in my collection. I half wish now that I didn't buy them because they may have ruined my life (maybe).

My DVD collection exhibits one of my OCD tendencies as it is alphabetizes and beautiful. Here's my problem: The Dark Knight, alphabetically, does not go after Batman Begins!!! However, it IS the sequel. I can't handle this dilemma, what's a girl to do? Do I go in order or stick to the alphabet? What has Christopher Nolan done to me? This is only slightly ridiculous.

8 comments:

kyliebrooke|s said...

oh, ashleigh, i miss you. i must admit, you present quite a dilemma. may i suggest sticking movies that go together together and sorting them from there?

Elizabeth Peterson said...

The sequal belongs with his partner. You cannot seperate Christian Bale from his other self he is much too hot for that. Forget your OCD and just put them together. I woul dlike to add that it was Kefford and I who clued you in to this amazing movie. It was here that you watched it for the first time.
Christian Bale is hot enough that you should have a row dedicated only to him!

ashleigh said...

Yeah, I don't think I would ever have a row dedicated to only Christian Bale especially since these are the first movies that I ever found him attractive. (Who can deny Batman?) When he was in Newsies I was mad that he was the lead because I didn't like him nearly as much as the other boys. But sorting them by genre and then alphabetically may be nice, I've also thought of sorting them by director, but that would move some sequels around too, quite the problemo.

Elizabeth Peterson said...

No Way!!!! Newsies began my 18+ years crush on that boy. Christian Bale is Hot no matter what. H-O-T HOT!! He deserves to be in a glass case with lights all around shining his way to glory. Did oyu hear about his recent faux pas with the light guy on his latest movie set? Oops! But even while screaming like a banshee he is still Hot!

J. Frankenstein Lutes said...

I suggest that you sort them alphabetically and disregard completely the fact that the two movies are sequels. Who cares?

The brunt of my argument lies on the fact that this is easiest and most convenient. Also, you may have noticed that Elizabeth is constantly misspelling things and that she also suggested that you do something to hurt yourself. She is kind of evil.

Erin said...

I have tried to give an opinion three times now and I always get another what if in my mind. I organize alpha...but...my Harry Potter Movies aren't alpha they are in order of number. But they all start Harry Potter.So I guess my stance is... alpha except the ones with sequels and then put them in number.

markolopia said...

I have not encountered this problem yet, thankfully, because each of the series' that I own are titled appropriately, such as: The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy, and The Bourne Ultimatum. Then there's the Lord of the Rings trilogy: not exactly in alphabetical order (Fellowship, Two Towers, Return of the King), since "R" comes before "T," but in this case it's easy because they're in a box set anyway. But when The Dark Knight became the first Batman movie to avoid using the name "Batman" in the title, it introduced the catastrophic problem you've discussed, and frankly, I have no answer for you other than: go with your gut. Pilch.

Anonymous said...

I suggest filing them both under "A," for Awesome.