Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Present

Why does our life have to be dictated about what we are doing tomorrow? Isn't it enough that we have something happening right now?

I am constantly being asked what I'll be doing after graduation. I'm tired of it. Why do I have to have my entire life planned out? When I was younger I knew that I was going to college. I never knew where. University just kind of fell into my lap. A lot of things just kind of fell into my lap. I guess I've been lucky so far.

I am happy with my life right now, but when I think about my life tomorrow... that's when things get complicated. Once I pick something it feels like that's it, nothing else. If I decide to get my teaching credentials, I'm a teacher. If I decide to go straight to Grad School, I'm a ...? If I decide to stay home and ponder what I want in life, I'm a bum. I feel that from here on out I need to make my own decisions about everything and I don't want to. (Commitment issues...) I need a sign. Maybe the stars will line up and spell out what I need to do next. Or I can just keep checking my horoscope! (Because those are totally accurate)

Right now, that's how I want to live. I think I deserve it.

No comments: