Monday, October 13, 2008

Freud would shake his head in shame...

I am a strong believer that “A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes”(ish). But what happens when you dream a wish you wish your heart wouldn't make or have worked strongly towards not wanting the dream your heart is wishing for? (ugh!)

Okay, maybe it's not really a wish your heart is making, but dreams definitely represent the subconscious making choices for you and last night the id was making choices that the ego is trying to not have to think about right now, or slightly running away from.

I would divulge my dreams happily right now, but to do so would put me into a compromising position where I lose complete power. In my real life guy trouble is abundant and my dream was showing me three of the guys that are currently (kind of) in my life right now. Nothing bad happened, it was a very clean dream (trust me). I just don't know exactly how to take it.

Look, apparently my mind knows something about the relationships I have with each of these guys and was going to the extreme to explain to me what to do. In my dream I had a very comfortable relationship with Guy A. I knew I could rely on him and I felt safe when I was with him. He's funny, adorable, perfect. Guy B was more of a mystery, the enigma that I still am trying to solve. It was also the more physical relationship(still clean – there are ways of expressing physicality without going straight to the...ahm, you know). Guy C was a fun relationship where we ran around playing games, singing, jumping, etc. Clearly by this, my dream-work analogy (thank you Sigmund), all signs point to Guy A because he contained the good parts of Guys B & C as well as providing something neither of them could.

But is that all that a dream provides, the answers to life's difficulties? And if it were that easy why are there still guy troubles in my life? I guess Guy A needs a little dream-working himself. Maybe I should tell him...(hah!)

Okay, okay, so now that this dream brings up the issue that the guy I need right now is currently unavailable and may not be available for...ever? I am going to take something from this. Guy A is not THE guy I need, BUT I need a guy that possesses those qualities that make him the best choice. (and it wouldn't hurt if he were cute too...)

8 comments:

J. Frankenstein Lutes said...

WHO are these guys? Tell me so that I can beat them up. Right now.

It isn't proper you know. Strange men gallivanting about in a girl's head while she sleeps.

Seriously.

Elizabeth Peterson said...

I am so glad your dreams were clean...;) You really do need to tell Joshua who these guys are that are giving you such troubles cause he really could beat the tar out of them!

I did not know that you had a blog....hmmm how funny life is!

Love ya!

Heather said...

When did you get a blog? You blogger you!
Do you remember the guy I dreamt about? The one who I was riding a motorcycle with...What is that supposed to mean? You seem to be a good analyzer of dreams! Oh wise one fill me in!
Joshua beat up guys! He could totally karate chop them!

ashleigh said...

Yay for family blogging!

J. Frankenstein Lutes said...

I will beat them up. I will do it with my fists.

Heather, tell me who you were riding a motorcycle with. I will totally school him with my scooter. That is worse than being beaten up.

ashleigh said...

I don't think you could take her motorcycle hottie. I mean, he's so awesome! HAHAHA!!!

Heather said...

LOL! Josh I don't think you would be able to catch him we were going pretty fast. Do you still drive like an old woman?

Elizabeth Peterson said...

Joshua will always drive like an old grandma! Who was the guy Heather? Ashleigh, you Heather and I are going to have to do a long all nighter talking about everything. I really miss you guys!