Saturday, September 5, 2009

Who gets to thrust these people down to hell? That might be a good job...

Today was a pretty good day. My hours for work were cut because the store didn't make enough money this week to keep them. However, a couple hours after I should have started they called and asked if I wanted to come in and get some of those hours back. Of course! I went in and it made me feel slightly happier with the world.

Work was good. I was able to be on the register and in the fitting room for a while, which are the places I like to work the best. I was on the register being happy and helpful and going as fast as I could so that the customers were happy. Seriously, I thought about how I doing pretty alright even though there were like a zillion sales going on. I was keeping up for the most part.

Then it happened. I realized that many sales back something bad had happened. I remember this lady and her daughter so well. I was so nice to them and tried to help them as happily and quickly as I could. It was later that I found out that they had cheated the store AND me. I'm not going to say exactly what happened, but all you really need to know is they lied and basically stole.

I honestly couldn't believe it had happened and talked to the head cashier and a manager about it and we all concluded that this lady had screwed the system AND me. What a horrible person. There really wasn't anything we could have done about it. I mean this was a tricky scam, but don't think that I will be duped twice. NO SIR!!! This will never happen to me again. I know what to look for and will spot this scam from a mile away. Forsure.

The head cashier said that I shouldn't worry about it and asked if I was mad. I should have been mad. But no. When it came down to it I felt betrayed. You know that feeling when you have been lied to? That was it. I couldn't believe that someone could do something like that. I don't know how people feel justified doing something like that. I can't even fathom doing something like that. Never. My manager said that this was because I was raised right. I'm glad I have a good family because these people may think they have a good life, but really they must feel so empty. I feel bad for that lady, but I feel worse for her daughter that was right there learning from her mother's bad behavior.

People feel that they are screwing the man when they steal from stores especially big companies. They must feel that the company doesn't need the money and they can afford to lose some money to them. That's not true. Who it really screws is associates like me that have hours cut because the store is not making the money is should be making. Honestly, this pay period has not been happy for me because of people like this lady who have been stealing from the company I work for. When the store loses money they have to cut back on hours and so those people that actually do an honest days work lose out on opportunities to work. So now I am mad that these people who feel they have the right to steal, and even do it for a living, have taken away my opportunity to get paid. I don't appreciate it. I will never forget that ladies face and feel I have the right to kick her in the teeth if I ever see her again.

4 comments:

Elizabeth Peterson said...

I hope htat you do see her again and that you are brave enough to go all confrontational on that stupid person. I would be too scared but I think you can do it! Of course she will probably never come back but you never know. You need to be prepared just in case. I wish that I could find you a good job so that you didn't have to worry about the retail end of things. What about doing an afternoon childrens theater thing out of your home? Charge so much a month and teach them how to act in a play. It would be fun!

Erin said...

So sorry...jerky woman!!!

Kara Lewis said...

Absolutely you can kick her in the teeth if you see her again! She is a terrible human being and deserves a swift kick. I hope you see her somewhere where she is trying to be all important and ethical, like an "I love trees" rally and you can say to her, "Excuse me old bag, but you don't belong here." She'll be filled with shame.

J. Frankenstein Lutes said...

Dear Ashleigh. Write more things. Do it because of how awesome you. Love, me. Joshua.
PS - How did they scam the store? This might be important because I am totally going to scam Victoria's Secret too. My plan is to go in and ask to be fitted for a bra and then take money from the cash register and stuff it into the bra and then pretend like it came that way.